Tuesday 6 May 2014

TGO 2014 D- day minus 2


Rucksack packed ; all items ticked off; still to decide between Innov8s and Altberg but 70% certain it’ll be the innov8s. I have adjusted the short gaiters in line with Andy Howell’s advice (http://www.andyhowell.info/trek-blog/2013/10/24/review-rab-event-shorty-gaiters-how-to-use-the-properly/ ) and expect to test them in the wild. Knowing I shall get wet feet with the innov8s I am still dubious to Andy’s claims that this doesn’t matter your feet will dry out. All my previous experience was in making sure you kept your feet dry. I’ll be able to make an informed decision in a couple of weeks.

Now that the kit is packed I have realised that I shall probably need my Kindle on the train and bus journeys to Shiel Bridge so I shall have to dig it out again! Other than that I think I am ready. Route to Shiel Bridge is sorted – I’ll be taking the 14:12 Insch to Inverness service on Thursday and from Inverness I’ll be getting the Bus (ticket pre-paid) after stacking up on pork pies and pasties. Should get to Shiel bridge by 20:00 in time to put up the tent and get set for the Forcan Ridge if do-able on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment