Thursday 1 May 2014

TGO 2014 Final Preparations

Last week before this year’s TGO and as ever I am desperately short of training; never mind I have a solution on Monday I suddenly realised that I had made a cock up on the only accommodation booking I had made – this for a B&B just outside Ft Augustus. According to my route plan I am due to arrive here on the evening of 12 May; According to my booking I am due to book in on 13 May – whoops!
Last night I printed off all my maps for the route and had a look at how to Re-jig the plan to plan to spend a day longer in West and if necessary miss out the Monadhliath Munros during the next few days in order to meet the accommodation date – I don’t like leaving small business I the lurch in the Highlands as its hard to make a living – and besides I’ll need a shower after 4-5 days. One of the great things about the Challenge is that it is flexible and as long as you let Challenge control know what you’re doing then you can linger or charge on depending on how you feel.
Route this year is from Shiel Bridge – Forcan Ridge – South Glenshiel Ridge – then a couple of days low level stravaiging to Ft Augustus – Corrieyairack Pass – Laggan – Newtonmore – Mondhliath Munros (time-permitting) – Kingussie – Glen Feshie – Braemar – Jock’s Road – Geln Clova – Glen Lee – Tarfside – Mount Battock – Feterresso (watch out for a whole lot of windfarms added last year) – Dunottar.
With luck the weather will be better than on my 1st 2 crossings

No comments:

Post a Comment