Monday 20 June 2016

Trossachs Ton - Failure and Human Kindness

Yesterday, along with a few hundred others I attempted the Trossach's Ton 106 miler.  This was to have been my 1st Century ride.  Sadly it didn't go to plan.  Whilst crossing a wet cattle grid on the southern shore of Loch Katrine (63 miles into the ride) my bike skidded and I was thrown clear - both myself and the bike receiving damage - me more cuts and bruises but unfortunately the bike was hors de combat.



I am writing this post to thank those who helped me to get back to the start point.  To Grant and Lorna - who took a bleeding cyclist into their car and delivered me back to Aberfoyle where I could contact Event Control- I hope I didn't spoil your day out too much.  To Kirsty - Paramedic, Mountaineer and Jumbo Jet pilot - who cleaned me up, gave me flap jacks and took me an my bike in her camper van back to Stirling.

Thank You for putting yourselves out to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment